Local Bus Service
Route Alert: NOTICE TO ALL PASSENGERS
Sage Stage 10-29-20 Sage Stage will be re-opening intercity services to Klamath Falls, Redding, and Reno beginning October 1, 2020 at normal fee prices. Reservations are recommended. Social distancing on buses only allows three passengers on the bus at a time. *Face coverings are required to board the bus. We will resume local passenger services on Monday October 12, 2020 with regular fares. We will continue to serve the community by delivering groceries and prescriptions. We will be partnering with: FOUR CORNERS MARKET 530-233-3822 HOLIDAY MARKET 530-317-1369 GROCERY OUTLET 530-233-1127 RITE AID 530-233-3113 LAST FRONTIER PHARMACY 530-233-4884 Please call the ...Read More
Route Alert: MTA Disadvantaged Business Enterprise List
MTA is interested in building and maintaining a list of Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) for Janitorial, Building Maintenance, and Short Range Transit Plan development. Please email the link below to add your company information. [email protected]
Route Alert: MTA FY 2018-19 Fiscal Audits
MTA FY 18-19 Fiscal Audit
Route Alert: RFP 2019 Final
2019 RFP Final
Route Alert: April 2, 2019 Board Agenda
040219 MTA Staff Report
Route Alert: February 5 Board Meeting Agenda
020519 MTA Agenda
Route Alert: 2019 Bus Holidays
2019 MCTC Holiday Schedule
Route Alert: Special Meeting – January 17, 2018
Agenda for Special Meeting, January 17, 2018 Sage Stage Conference Room 1:00 p.m.011718 MTA Special Meeting Agenda
Route Alert: MTA FY 2017-18 Fiscal Audits
MTA FY 17-18 Fiscal Audit FINAL - 12-04-18
Route Alert: Winter Weather Alerts
There are currently no alerts for Reno, Redding, Klamath Falls or Local Bus.
Route Alert: MTA Public Records Request
Public records request application MTA Public Records Request Copy prices for public records MCTC-MTA Copy Prices
Route Alert: MTA Title VI Plan
2020 MTA Title VI, LEP and PPP
Local Bus Zones
Key: Click a zone to zoom.
2 Mile Radius from Alturas
5 Mile Radius from Alturas
10 Mile Radius from Alturas
Local Bus Schedule
California Pines Arrival Times (Tues and Thurs Only)
Local Bus Fares
| 0.0 – 2.0
|| 1 – Within City of Alturas
| 2.1 – 5.0
|| 2 – To Modoc Estates
| 5.1 – 10.0
|| 3 – To California Pines
Available Monday through Friday: Local Bus is door-to-door, shared transportation within 10 miles of Alturas. It is available by advance reservation or on-demand.
- To make an advance reservation, call (530) 233-6410 on weekdays from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Reservations can be made up to 14 days in advance.
- To schedule or cancel a same-day trip, call the driver directly at (530) 233-3883.
- If you will not be making a trip, please cancel at least one hour in advance. Otherwise you may be required to pay the fare.
- Please be ready to board when the bus arrives.
- Always allow extra time. The bus may arrive up to 15 minutes before or after the scheduled time. Routes and travel times vary by rider demand, weather and road conditions.
- Travel is scheduled on a first-come, first-served basis. Priority is given for trips to health care appointments when scheduled at least one day in advance.
- Subscription service is available for recurring trips to/from work, school or other routine destinations.
- Buses only travel paved roads. No gravel roads or driveways.
Local Bus Reservations
Advance Reservations: (530) 233-6410
Same Day Reservations/Cancellations: (530) 233-3883
You can use Local Bus to connect you to intercity routes. We’ll pick you up at your home and take you directly to the bus stop. Local Bus fare applies in addition to the Intercity Route fee.