How to Ride Intercity Routes
- Sage Stage routes operate by reservation.
- Same day reservations and walk-on passengers are accepted when possible.
- At least one confirmed reservation is required for the bus to travel to Redding, Reno, and Klamath Falls.
- To make a reservation* for any of our intercity routes, use the online reservation form or call our office at (530) 233-6410, Monday through Friday, between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m.
- *The Sage Stage Bus does NOT run on weekends or the following Holidays: Presidents Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, the day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve Day, Christmas Day and New Year’s Day.
- Please make your reservation at least one business day in advance to guarantee your trip.
- We do our best to accommodate calls for same day trips.
- If there is space available, we will accept passengers who walk on at one of our main bus stops – Alturas Rite Aid, Susanville Walmart and Burney McDonalds. All other stops are by reservation only.
- However, at least one confirmed reservation is required for the bus to run. So we highly recommend that your call ahead.
- Sage Stage buses will pick up at designated bus stops or at “flag stops” along the route where it is safe to stop.
- Please note that our major stops are signed with the sign shown here. However many of our stops in outlying areas are not signed. If you are unsure of the designated bus stop location, please ask when you call to make your reservation.
- If you wish to be picked up at a location other than a designated stop, please make arrangements when you call to make your reservation.
- Passengers must load their own baggage.
- There is a limit of 2 carry on bags (maximum 40 pounds each) per passenger. For each additional 2 bags, another general fare will be charged.
- Only qualified service animals are allowed on-board.
- Children under 8 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Children under 6 years or 60 pounds must use a child safety seat.
- Not evade payment of correct fare.
- Not misuse any transfer, pass, ticket, or token with the intent to evade the payment of any fare.
- Not play sound equipment on, or in, any Sage Stage facility or vehicle unless headphones are used and the volume does not disturb other passengers or the driver.
- Not smoke or drink alcoholic beverages.
- Not eat food or drink non-alcoholic beverages in open containers on trips less than one hour in duration.
- Not willfully disturb others by engaging in boisterous or unruly behavior.
- Not carry any potential harmful concentration or quantities of any hazardous material including flammable liquid.
- Not block the free movement of another person in any or Sage Stage vehicle.
- Not physically or verbally assault or intimidate the driver or passengers.
- Not steal property or panhandle from the driver or passengers.
- Not carry weapons of any type onto Sage Stage vehicles.
- Not offend other passengers through unacceptable personal hygiene. For the health and safety of the driver and passengers, expelling bodily excrement, either voluntarily or involuntarily, is prohibited.
Sage Stage transports passengers in accordance with the passenger conduct guidelines to ensure that:
- Sage Stage complies with all pertinent State and Federal regulations governing general public transportation; and,
- General public riders experience safe, comfortable, and reliable service. It is Sage Stage’s intent to require all passengers to abide by these passenger conduct guidelines.
In all cases, our drivers maintain full discretion in the application and enforcement of these guidelines.
Enforcement of these passenger conduct guidelines may include, but is not limited to:
- Requesting passengers to follow all applicable guidelines
- Removing a passenger from the vehicle
- Temporarily suspending a passenger’s privileges*
- Revoking a passenger’s privileges indefinitely*
*Offenders will be notified by letter if possible, detailing the offense and the action(s) taken.